CNN- 高温实验揭秘 人体如何应对“热穹顶”考验?

发布时间:2025-07-07 06:55  浏览量:34

Hey there, I'm Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

大家好,我是桑杰·古普塔博士。

Coy is on vacation this week, but I gotta tell you, I'm really excited to spend the next 10 minutes with all of you, and we've got a Great show today.

科伊这周休假去了,由我代班,能和大家共度接下来的十分钟,我感到非常兴奋,今天我们也准备了精彩的节目。

So let's get started.

我们开始今天的内容吧。

We begin with millions of people across the United States facing an unprecedented and dangerous heat wave.

首先关注的是美国数百万民众正面临一场着前所未有的危险热浪。

In fact, Tuesday was the hottest day in over a decade for parts of the East Coast.

本周二成为了东海岸部分地区十多年来最热的一天。

In the Midwest, some roads in Wisconsin, Iowa, and Missouri were closed.

在中西部,威斯康星州、爱荷华州和密苏里州的部分道路被迫封闭。

Why?

原因何在?

Because they were buckling under the searing heat.

因为这些道路在灼热高温下发生了扭曲变形。

Meteorologists say this is all because of what is known as a heat dome.

气象学家指出,这一切的根源是一种被称为"热穹顶"的天气现象。

That's when a ridge of high pressure builds over an area and then doesn't move for up to a week or more.

所谓"热穹顶",是指高压脊在某区域持续盘踞一周甚至更久的现象。

This high pressure can result in lots of sunshine, very few clouds, but that also means sinking air.

这种高压系统会导致晴空万里、云量稀少,但同时也意味着空气会下沉。

And when air sinks, it warms, and that causes temperatures to rise even higher.

当空气下沉时,其温度会升高,从而引发气温进一步攀升。

The dome is created because the air simply can't escape.

之所以形成"穹顶"效应,是因为热空气根本无法散逸。

Now, the climate crisis is expected to make heat domes more frequent and even hotter.

值得注意的是,气候危机预计将使“热穹顶”现象更加频繁,且高温愈演愈烈。

So, what are the effects of these high temperatures on our bodies and on our health, and how can we adapt?

那么,这种极端高温对人体健康有何影响,我们又该如何应对呢?

CNN senior climate reporter, Lara Patterson, put her body to the test under extreme heat, extreme humidity, to highlight the health dangers of a warming world.

CNN资深气候记者劳拉·帕特森,亲身体验了极端的高温高湿环境,以警示世人全球变暖带来的健康威胁。

Everything that's going on with my body made that hard.

我的身体反应让实验进行得异常艰难。

We're here at the University of South Wales in the UK, and behind me here is an environmental chamber where scientists can control the temperature.

我们现在位于英国南威尔士大学,我身后的环境实验室能让科学家精确调控温度条件。

And so they're going to crank the temperatures up to about 40 degrees Celsius, 104 degrees Fahrenheit.

科学家们即将把室温调至40摄氏度,也就是104华氏度。

And the whole point of this exercise is to see what impact extreme heat has on my body.

这次实验的核心目的在于观察极端高温对我身体的影响。

This on my head is measuring brain blood flow.

我头上的这个装置正在监测脑部血流情况。

Here is measuring skin temperature on my leg.

腿上的传感器则用于测量皮肤温度。

We're going to be looking at cognitive functions, like how is my decision-making affected by the heat.

我们将重点评估认知功能变化,比如高温会如何干扰我的决策能力。

We need to understand what it's going to be like living in a much hotter world.

人类必须预见到在更炎热的世界该如何生存。

Okay, Laura, so you're fully instrumented.

好了劳拉,所有监测设备都已就位。

You're ready for action, ready for liftoff.

你已做好实验准备,随时可以开始。

It's 40 degrees now, 20% humidity, and I can really feel it starting to sweat.

现在室温已达40度,湿度20%,我已经明显感觉到汗液开始渗出。

My face is getting very hot.

我的脸部开始发烫。

My skin temperature's gone up by a couple of degrees.

皮肤温度已经升高了两三度。

You're doing a really, really good job here.

你表现得非常好。

It's 40 degrees Celsius, but it's 85% humidity, and the difference is intense.

现在40摄氏度环境下湿度已达85%,体感差异非常剧烈。

It's like a sauna in here.

这里简直像个蒸笼。

This is really, really tough.

实在太难受了。

Like, hands feel a bit shaky.

我的双手开始微微发抖。

Everything feels tiring.

每个动作都异常费力。

Even breathing feels weird.

连呼吸都觉得不对劲。

Stop.

停。

Great job.

太棒了。

Thank you.

谢谢。

Mission accomplished.

任务完成。

So it's not easy.

这绝非易事。

Now, you've got a markedly depressed increase in exercise-induced blood flow to the brain.

你现在运动时脑部血流量增幅明显受抑。

It's gone from 600 milliliters per minute to 400.

从每分钟600毫升骤降至400毫升。

That's really significant.

这个降幅十分显著。

Which is huge.

非常大。

You're not getting enough fuel into the brain.

这意味着你的大脑供能不足。

You're not burning enough fuel to be able to make the right decisions.

没有足够能量维持正常决策功能。

You would make potentially wrong decisions, rash decisions, and a much larger increase in pressure during exercise.

这可能导致判断失误或鲁莽决策,运动时血压升幅也会显著加大。

So your heart is working a lot, lot harder, probably about 30% harder, just because of that increase in temperature and humidity.

因此你的心脏压力更大,仅因温湿度上升,你的心脏负荷就增加了约30%。

Older patients, you know, this is a big deal for them.

对老年患者而言,这种情况极其危险。

And they wouldn't be able to do the simplest tasks, even stand up to get out of a chair.

他们可能连起身离椅这样的简单动作都会引发心血管系统过载。

From a cardiovascular perspective, that would just be too demanding.

从心血管医学角度评估,这种极端湿热环境已超出人体代偿极限。

What we're seeing now around the world is this really humid heat that is pushing places to the limits of survivability.

当前全球遭遇的湿热天气正在突破人类生存极限。

We're seeing stronger heat waves, more shimmered weather, and the impacts on the body are pretty overwhelming.

热浪强度持续升级,极端天气日益频繁,对人体造成的冲击已远超承受范围。

All right, time for 10-second trivia.

"十秒冷知识快问快答”时间到。

At what age is your brain considered fully formed?

大脑何时才算发育完全?

Is it 15, 18, 25, or age 30?

15岁、18岁、25岁,还是30岁?

If you said 25, you're right.

正确答案是25岁。

You know, brain development actually begins from the back of the brain and then works its way to the front as you age.

要知道,大脑发育其实是从后部开始,随着年龄增长逐渐向前推进。

As a result, your frontal lobes, which control things like planning and reasoning and judgment, they are the last things to strengthen the last part to structure connections.

因此,掌控规划、推理和判断等功能的额叶,是完成神经连接强化最迟的部位。

Now, imagine writing an essay with the help of AI.

现在试想一下用人工智能辅助写论文的情景。

Maybe some of you have even experimented one of these programs, like ChatGPT.

或许你们中有人已经尝试过ChatGPT这类程序。

You give it an assignment.

你只需输入指令即可。

You give it a prompt, like, write a book report on to kill a mockingbird.

比如"写一篇《杀死一只知更鸟》的书评”。

And in just mere seconds, it types out the report.

短短几秒钟内,它就能生成完整报告。

It's pretty amazing.

这确实令人惊叹。

And it sounds easy, right?

听起来很简单,对吧?

Well, a new study is raising questions about what that could mean for your brain in the long run.

但最新研究揭示了这种便利可能对大脑造成的长期影响。

Researchers at MIT studied three groups of students.

麻省理工学院研究人员将学生分为三组。

One group used ChatGPT to help write their essays.

第一组借助ChatGPT撰写论文。

Another used Google's search engine to write the essay.

第二组使用谷歌搜索引擎辅助写作。

And a third group relied only on their own brains, no tech tools at all.

第三组则完全依靠自身脑力完成。

And here's what they found.

实验结果如下。

Scientists used brain scans called EEGs,and they saw big differences.

通过脑电图扫描,科学家观察到各组存在显著差异。

In fact, the students who didn't use any tools, they showed strong activity in several areas of the brain, including the prefrontal cortex we just talked about, that's responsible for focus and complex learning, but also what is known as the occipital parietal region, which is back here. that's more linked to visual processing and reasoning.

未使用任何工具的学生,在大脑多个区域呈现强烈活动,包括我们刚提到的前额叶皮层,这部分负责专注力与复杂学习,以及枕顶叶区域,这部分位于大脑后侧,这部与视觉处理和推理相关。

Now, the Google search group, they showed moderate or intermediate levels of engagement in those same areas.

使用谷歌搜索的学生群体,在这些脑区仅表现出中等活跃度。

Meanwhile, importantly, the students who used AI showed much weaker brain connections, meaning their brains simply weren't working as hard.

而使用人工智能程序的学生则显示出显著减弱的脑神经连接强度,这意味着他们的大脑根本未充分激活。

Now, when some students switched from using AI to writing without it, their brains sort of struggled to re-engage.

当部分学生从人工智能辅助转向自主写作时,其大脑会出现"重启困难"现象。

Others who started using AI suddenly did remember more facts, but weren't able to think as deeply.

另一些初用人工智能的学生虽能记住更多情况,却丧失了深度思考能力。

So what does this all mean for you?

这究竟意味着什么?

Well, critics worry that using AI too much could make us, quote, mentally lazy, relying on a machine instead of practicing thinking for ourselves.

批评者担忧过度依赖人工智能,会导致所谓"思维惰性",使人丧失自主思考能力。

But on the other hand, supporters compare AI to calculators.

但支持者则认为,人工智能应被视为类似计算器的认知辅助工具。

We don't do math problems by hand anymore, not very much anyway.

就像我们已不再需要徒手计算数学题。

They say AI can do sort of the same thing, save time, spark ideas, and help students learn if used the right way.

人工智能同样发挥着类似作用,这样可以节省时间、激发创意,关键在于如何正确运用。

Whatever the case may be, my advice as a dad and as a neurosurgeon is this: stay curious, challenge your brain however you can, and don't let the tech do all the work.

但作为一名神经外科医生兼父亲,我不建议过度依赖人工智能,我的建议是要保持求知欲,尽可能多挑战大脑,别让技术代劳一切思考。

What do you think about this?

大家是如何看待这个问题的?

Press pause and discuss.

请暂停思考一下。

Would AI help you improve your writing or would it make you mentally lazy?

人工智能究竟能提升写作能力还是导致思维退化?

How do you think teachers and professors should address the use of AI for homework?

教育者应如何规范人工智能作业辅助?

Is it considered cheating?

这算不算作弊?

Why or why not?

理由是什么?

In sports news, the NBA draft was held on Wednesday night and the Dallas Mavericks selected Duke University forward Cooper Flagg.

接下来是体育新闻,NBA 选秀于周三晚上举行,达拉斯独行侠队选中了杜克大学的前锋库珀·弗拉格。

He was the number one overall pick.

他是选秀中的状元。

The 18-year-old is the second youngest player ever to be drafted number one overall.

这位18岁新秀成为NBA史上第二年轻的选秀状元。

Only LeBron James was younger when he was selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2003.

仅有2003年被克利夫兰骑士队选中的勒布朗·詹姆斯这一位大将比弗拉格更年轻。

But performance in college isn't the only thing teams consider when making their picks.

但球队选拔不仅考量大学表现。

CNN's Omar Jimenez got the opportunity to experience an NBA draft workout.

CNN记者奥马尔·希门尼斯亲身体验了NBA选秀训练营。

Now as a former college athlete at Northwestern University, Omar is no stranger to the court.

作为北威斯康星大学的前大学生运动员,奥马尔对球场并不陌生。

Check this out.

让我们来看看吧。

Getting time right here.

时间把控很好。

Yeah.

是的。

What does it actually take to get drafted to the NBA?

要成为一名 NBA 球员,需要具备什么条件呢?

I met up with Brooklyn Nets forward Jalen Wilson and assistant coach Jay Hernandez, who quickly put me to this test.

我与布鲁克林篮网队的前锋杰伦·威尔森以及助理教练杰伊·赫尔南德斯进行了交流,他们随即安排了严苛测试。

There it is,like every workout they going through like Three, four, five other guys who have the same mindset as Will in the workout with you.

就像每次试训,会有三到五名球员和你进行同等强度的对抗训练。

Now, the real tests.

现在是真正的考验。

In three minutes for a pro, we are expecting them to make a minimum of 30 shots.

对于职业球员来说,三分钟内我们要求他们至少投进 30 个球。

So they're watching your percentage on something like this.

所以他们会关注你在类似这样的情况下的投篮命中率。

Yeah, they're tracking every shot.

是的,他们会记录每一个投篮情况。

All right, so we'll go for a minute.

好的,我们开始吧。

J-Will will be your passer.

杰威尔负责传球。

We only start on a make.

只有进球才能开始计时。

Great.

好球!

Awesome.

不错。

Here we go.

现在开始。

Yeah, here we go.

对,就这样。

I'll get you going.

我会给你传球。

I'll keep track.

我会记录的。

Okay, not starting yet.

好的,现在还没开始。

I can't start it yet.

我还不能开始。

It's longer than the college three.

这比大学球场的三分线更远。

Give me that.

传给我。

Eight, seven, six, five,five, four, three, two, one.

倒计时:8、7、6、5、4、3、2、1!

Tough, right?

很难吧?

Yes, good job.

但表现不错!

How much did you feel like your draft stock was truly going up or down based on the last few weeks.

基于过去几周的情况,你觉得自己的选秀顺位到底是上升了还是下降了呢?

I think you just have the confidence from the workouts.

我觉得关键在于保持训练自信。

Obviously, like I did like 15 workouts.

当然,就像我参加过的 15 次试训那样。

Not all of them are going to be the best workout that you ever had.

并非每场试训都能完美发挥。

Not as many as bad as I'm doing right now, but it's all good.

虽然今天状态不算最佳,但这都很正常。

I just want to point out.

我想说明一下。

We're just in the warmups.

我们目前还只是热身阶段。

I'm already just dripping sweat.

我已经开始冒汗了。

As you get close enough, I'm going to pop it one way or the other.

当我突进到有效距离时,会猛然变向突破。

You'll have to attack the open space.

你需要果断抢占空档区域。

If you could speak to your pre-draft self, what would you tell that Jalen?

你有什么话想对选秀前的自己吗?

I would just tell the old me just to not worry about it, just to play basketball.

我会告诉当年的自己不要患得患失,要专注于篮球本身。

And understand you can only control as much as you can control.

要明白,你只能掌控能力范围内的事。

Like, I was the 51st pick in the draft, so I felt like I was higher than that, but obviously other teams didn't.

比如,我是在第51顺位被选中的,虽然自认实力不该如此靠后,但显然各球队另有评估。

I feel like I just had a chip on my shoulder.

这种落差反而成了我的动力源泉。

No matter how much money or how many years you've been playing, someone's, just like you in this draft, is coming to take your spot.

在这个联盟里,无论你资历多深、薪资多高,总有新人像当年选秀时的我们一样和你竞争,虎视眈眈盯着你的位置。

Today's story getting a 10 out of 10.

到了“最后一分钟”环节了。

A state prison in Washington that is offering fruitful skills while inmates serve their time.

华盛顿州的一所州立监狱提供实用技能课程,让服刑人员在服刑期间也能有所收获。

These men are able to take courses in beekeeping, gardening, even chicken farming.

该监狱开设了养蜂、园艺、禽类养殖等课程。

The greenhouse on the prison property started with $500 worth of seeds from a non-profit, and the inmates grow all types of different produce, squash, lemons, avocados, and then the fruits and veggies, they are donated to a local food bank.

非营利组织为监狱内的温室提供了 500 美元种子,囚犯们可以种植各类作物,比如南瓜、柠檬、鳄梨等等,然后这些水果和蔬菜会被捐赠给当地的食品银行。

He donates it all out there.

他把这些都捐赠出去了。

It's good to know that there's people out there, especially like right now, you know, when all the fundings are cut and everything else.

很高兴得知我们能够帮助到那些有需要的人,尤其是在现阶段,政府拨款削减、其他事务都陷入困境的艰难时期。

I see it on the news every day for food banks.

我每天都会在新闻中看到有关食品银行的相关报道。

And now when we get to donate 40, 50,000 pounds of food, it's great.

而现在我们能捐赠4-5万磅食物,这份贡献意义非凡。

The initiative has been so successful that it has inspired eight other Washington correction facilities to start their own gardening programs.

该计划成效卓著,已推动华盛顿州另外8所矫正机构相继启动同类种植项目。

All right, superstars, time for the best part of the show.

好了,各位,现在是节目最精彩的部分了。

We've got two shout outs today.

今天我们有两个致敬对象。

Decker Middle School in Austin, Texas, thank you for watching us during your summer breakthrough program.

首先是德州奥斯汀的德克尔中学的各位,感谢你们在暑期突破计划中收看我们的节目。

And this shout out goes all the way to Nanjing, China. where the high school affiliated to Nanjing Normal University has been tuning in as well.

接下来的这份问候还要飞越重洋送到中国南京,南京师范大学附属中学的朋友们,他们也一直在收看我们的节目。

Coy, he's going to be back next week, so don't forget to come back for an all-new Summer Friday episode.

科伊下周就回来了,别忘了锁定全新《夏日周五特辑》。

In the meantime, stay hydrated, wear your sunscreen, and have a great weekend.

温馨提示,要及时补水、做好防晒,祝大家周末愉快!

This is CNN 10.

这里是CNN 10。